Friday, January 1, 2010

House Update

We are so getting there...every day is bringing us closer to move in day. Shhhhh...we are liking the extra space the addition is giving us right now but actually living in the space will be totally different. Thanks to our handyman jack of all trades, Tim Carvelli, we are looking at finishing up really soon. Tim has been working hard at getting our staircase dialed in so we can get the upstairs carpet installed in the next week or so. The stairs are looking beautiful with the actual treads and rises on and not the construction steps.




The carpet has been ordered and if anyone is curious you can see our carpet on the San Diego Zoo rhinoceros live web cam. I guess Mohawk carpet has it there to prove how stain resistant the carpet can be so they put a piece in their living area and it gets washed every night and looks new still. I haven't personally gone to the website, but liked the look and feel of it when we say the sample.


Chris has been working hard at putting on the finishing parts of the trim on the first floor and now I just have to put the finishing paint touches on the walls. Still looking for a electrician to put up the pendant lights above my island and the vanity lights in the bathroom if anyone knows of someone who WANTS to work, but until then I will have to bug my brother.


So I guess that is what our check list consists of...lights, staircase, carpet. Then we all have to cross our fingers and pray while the inspection is taking place and then MOVE IN DAY!!!! So my projected 2016 move in day might happen after all. YEAH.

No comments:

Post a Comment