Today Chris went on a snowmobile trip that I will say is a curse or a really bad omen to what the Splash Run will be like in two weeks. After weeks of Chris fixing sledding for his companions, Keith broke his jumping driveways in the ditches and realized money is thin. He pulled out of the trip a day earlier, which made the cost of hotels go up for the rest of the guys. This morning, bright and early, Chris treks out to get Erik and makes the trip to Mark's place (Start). All is well, but Chris said the dreaded words...someone is going to break down. Sure enough, I get that call at 10:30 this morning. The line is cutting out and I could barely make it out that Erik is at the bar. Okay what is new about that, but this time it is by no means his choice. His sled blew up and he was waiting for Keith to pick him up while the rest of the guys went on with their journey. So with a broken sled, Erik and Keith trailed his snowmobile back to our house where it sits yet again for Chris to fix it but at least Keith fix his own right?
I haven't heard anything else from the guys and I am not sure if they made their destination for the night, but I guess in this case no news is good news. Especially since they did go through an emergency pick up plan but I don't think they got to the point of who will actually pick up the rest of the gang if they break down. I can't wait, I know there will be a few tall tales to be told when he gets back.
Friday, January 15, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment