Sunday, February 28, 2010

Second Night

It is the second night in the new addition and the kids are doing a fabulous job!!! I am not sure what I expected, but (knock on wood) the kids are welcoming their new bedrooms and bed times. Tonight was the first official night of getting the kids into their bedtime routines and they were excited. We broke out their new toothbrush holders and toothbrushes they got for Christmas, even Tony was excited by his new toothbrush. Jayna took the first bath in the addition and for the first time in a long time no one complained about going to bed. Jasmine is still a little nervous about going to bed. She said it was kind of lonely in the room by herself, but I think she likes the private space to go when things are crazy here.

Tackling the task of moving is overwhelming, but there is barely anything left in the old house. When I hop back into the house, it is kind of scary. It feels like I am walking through a vacant foreclosed house. Having everything we need in the new place is really good but finding the spots for them is crazy. We took ALL day today setting up the kitchen and I can tell you that it is still a work in progress. I am still trying to put things together and have them work together in the kitchen, but I did cook the first official meal alright.

Everyday we are getting more organized and falling into step. It feels like we have been living in here forever and not just a few days. WOW and in just a few months we will be ripping into the old place. YEAH!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment