Friday, February 12, 2010

Mother of the Year Award--To Me!!!

I have officially reached one of the many milestones with Jasmine today before school. She has officially called me the WORSE MOTHER IN THE WORLD. Don't worry it didn't ruffle my feathers too bad since I was just as frustrated as she was. I remember the days growing up duking it out with my folks so I guess it is true when they say, "you just wait until you have your own kids". I have to remember that I am the parent and in the eyes of your kids you are never right and all you are doing is trying to run/ruin their lives and hopefully some day they realize is was for their own good.

This particular morning started off okay because for once we actually got up for school earlier than usual. No particular crabby spells except for Tony when you don't get him out of the pack n play fast enough, but that is expected from him and he all smiles when you open his door. Unfortunately that didn't last and 10 minutes before departing for school, Jasmine choose then to empty out her school bag and proceeded to hand me permission slips that had to be filled out for next school years registration. WTH, I guess they had to tell if they were continuing on with band or choir. I told Jasmine that this didn't pertain to her because she had already quit both of them. I tried to explain to her what commitment meant but that was like a fart in church. I guess that was the wrong thing to say and WWIII broke out because she is under the impression that by doing band or choir she was getting out PE. WRONG, but dear mom couldn't say that heavens no.

After that fiasco, I was rounding up the troops to get them into the van I saw Jasmine hiding behind the island, "Mom, what is 12 x 9?" She was trying to do her homework that she had "forgotten" to do the night before. This isn't the first time she has "forgotten" her homework or lied that she had it done, so I told her that she was going to have the whole weekend to do her homework because her sleep over was getting cancelled. That is when she pulled out the "you are the worse mother in the world" comment. I am proud to say I had a pretty good come back to that one. "Thank you, that means I am doing my job right", she didn't like that either.

Tired of fighting this early in the morning I loaded the last of the troops and backed out of the driveway, I figured it would serve her right if she had to walk out in the cold to get into the van. I guess she thought I had driven away without her, because she called my mom frantically to say I had left her at home alone along with other things my mom won't disclose to me.

She figured out I didn't leave after I honked the horn and off to school we went. All one big HAPPY family. At least I got a "bye Mom" from her before she left the van and once she got home from school things were good again and the sleep over is back on. She is retreating at Grandma Jan's house tonight to get a little lonely time, but because of her fear of sleeping alone she had to bring Jayna with her.

Jayna on the other hand is going to be a JOY as she grows up lets just say she is a little too sarcastic for me right now. She was totally prepared for her sleepover and didn't want any help packing so away she went with 4 pull-ups, 4 shirts, movies, horses, but NO socks or pants. Lovely what independence brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment