After hours of laboring over this design, I have finally found the perfect Master Bedroom Suite. Now the only problem to going to convince Chris that this is just what we need. Like I said before, if we have the space why don't we use it right? This layout utilizes the entire upstairs and there is no way I can squeeze this into the loft layout Chris wants.
I like doing this type of work and this is pretty much how the addition came about too. If you remember we had Eric Petersen's partner draw up plans for the addition, but it wasn't what we were looking for. So I did some research online, grabbed some graph paper, a few pencils and drew out the plans for the addition myself. I am hoping this visual will be enough to convince Chris.
So if you want to take the mental tour with me, here we go. At our makeshift door right now at the top of the stairs to the left is the door to our room. In the beginning, I hadn't originally wanted a bathtub in the suite, but after the tour of Roseville (thank you Vicki) I thought the resale of the house would benefit from including the tub. So as you can see I included the corner whirlpool tub and another addition to the bathroom after going on the Roseville tour is the doorless shower with body sprays. I hope to block the view of the commode with a half wall and also to include space for my treadmill in there too. This way I don't have to walk far to get to the showers:-) and it is out of sight in the regular room. Chris thinks we are going to save money with going with one sink but then we will have to go with his and her storage areas (X-on either sides of the sink). I think this bathroom is a Plumber's dream and luckily I am married to a plumber.
I am trying to streamline the bedroom so I thought by adding a larger closet I can get by without having any dressers in the actual room. It isn't like I have that many clothes but this way I can have room to store suitcases as well as snowmobile gear/other bulkier things.
I like doing this type of work and this is pretty much how the addition came about too. If you remember we had Eric Petersen's partner draw up plans for the addition, but it wasn't what we were looking for. So I did some research online, grabbed some graph paper, a few pencils and drew out the plans for the addition myself. I am hoping this visual will be enough to convince Chris.
So if you want to take the mental tour with me, here we go. At our makeshift door right now at the top of the stairs to the left is the door to our room. In the beginning, I hadn't originally wanted a bathtub in the suite, but after the tour of Roseville (thank you Vicki) I thought the resale of the house would benefit from including the tub. So as you can see I included the corner whirlpool tub and another addition to the bathroom after going on the Roseville tour is the doorless shower with body sprays. I hope to block the view of the commode with a half wall and also to include space for my treadmill in there too. This way I don't have to walk far to get to the showers:-) and it is out of sight in the regular room. Chris thinks we are going to save money with going with one sink but then we will have to go with his and her storage areas (X-on either sides of the sink). I think this bathroom is a Plumber's dream and luckily I am married to a plumber.
I am trying to streamline the bedroom so I thought by adding a larger closet I can get by without having any dressers in the actual room. It isn't like I have that many clothes but this way I can have room to store suitcases as well as snowmobile gear/other bulkier things.
In the actual living part of the room, we want to be able to put a King size bed in the room so I off set it in the corner and hopefully I can find a corner shelf unit for the headboard. I want this piece to be big enough to display my Korean collectibles I have so the shelves have to vary in size too. So if anyone knows of a place I can find this or a reasonable carpenter let me know.
Across the way is the entertainment center so we can look at a large black screen since we don't get any channels for now, but in the center I think we should put an under counter refrigerator like a mini bar. So when we are enjoying a nice evening out on the second story balcony, Chris won't have to walk far for a beer. Or if it is rainy out we can utilize the corner seating area and still enjoy the view.
I think with this part of the construction Chris wants to go with stamped concrete for our bedroom so I will need to put a large rug under the bed. Our bedspread is brown, blue and sage green, so I think I want to keep that color palette throughout the room. It goes with the Asian color theme too.
So what do you think? Do I have my work cut out for me in convincing Chris to go with the full second story? Wish me luck.....8-)
Jessi,
ReplyDeleteYour plan looks great. You may wish to add a linen closet in the space between the shower and tub. Also, seven feet high glass block between the toilet and shower adds a functional, elegant look to the bathroom.
Uncle Jay
I like anonymous's idea of block for a shower wall...we are going for the doorless shower thing so I am not sure how much space is needed hence the large space between the shower and tub. The storage units on either side of the sink will address the linen closet idea (his/hers). Thanks anonymous.
ReplyDelete