Just a though here and there, Chris is on his yearly Splash Run up at Cook, MN, and hopefully when he comes home there will be carpet all through the upstairs. My mother and I went shopping today to continue to get things for the kids rooms. I think Jayna is done now since we got her drapes, which are a cute flowery print. She is getting excited to move in too. I just have to shop for the rest of the rooms blinds/drapes, window treatments for the downstairs, rugs for the downstairs, a night stand for Nick, mattresses for two more kids, accessories for the bathrooms and closet organizers for all six closets. Oh I also forgot I have to finish out the laundry rooms folding area (grand central folding station). Then the awful task of putting everything together starts!!! Plus I still have to get my most anticipated item....the mop bucket so I can keep the tile clean.
I am really excited but then STAGE 2 starts and we start ALL over again. Then my next task is convincing Chris to put the full second story on the house. I know he wants the A-frame look to the house but after doing some calculations there is no way a bathroom and bedroom will fit into the lofted area. We would end up with a galley bedroom and no room for the furniture. Not that I am against the smaller area or am I against having more room up there either, but once a bathroom gets in and closets we would be left with a bedroom only 10 feet wide, that is smaller than the kids rooms. I know that he wants this COOL look and he thinks the roof lines wouldn't match but I think something could be arranged. Also we would have to resubmit to the city a plan but I could do that right? I'm not afraid to fight with the city over the computer, I did it before at the start of this project.
If we could have the space why not use it, I am going to sacrifice my formal dining room for the space upstairs. Lets just hope he goes for that too, but we just have to get past the next few weeks first. So here is the only time you will hear me say this, but I hope to be parking the van back outside really soon.
Friday, February 5, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment