Sunday, June 28, 2009

Not Going To Do It

I guess you could say I am too fired up to go to sleep tonight. If you want the better version, you will have to talk to Chris, but once again we had a run in with the wonderful Ron next door. Except this time I was able to get into the action right along with Chris. Ron of course had to poke his nose around looking at our property and Chris went down the driveway asking him what he was looking for/at and one thing lead to another.

I was only going to watch from a distance to make sure nothing got out of hand or in case I needed to be a witness, but Chris seemed to be handling it okay "talking" things out about our driveway again and how we weren't going to be moving it anytime soon. The big discussion had to be about the property line and how our driveway was too close to the line but for some reason he wasn't able to or want to show us where the stakes were that they survey. They claim that a stake in the middle of the road is the property one, but Chris had the stakes found when we built his garage so we know where they are.

Anyway on to the exciting part, Chris followed Ron to his house and words were exchanged. The topic of court came up and Chris was telling Ron that the city had already told us that it was a civil matter and they would have to take us to court. Well, Ron disappeared into this garage and came out with a golf club telling Chris that he had to get of his property. Nice right? Ron forgot all the times he has been on our lot yelling at Chris. With the golf club out, Ron's wife had to get her two sense in boy can she get CRABBY.

This is when things got really good. Ron's wife got into the action and she is bigger than Ron and Chris. She is pushy too. She was yelling at Chris and I was watching with Emma at our mail box, which so happens to be 10 feet away. I am yelling to Chris that we need to leave it up to the courts and he needs to get out of there. Ron's wife turns and yells at me that if I want to be a part of this to get over to their little huddle. I felt like it was a middle school fight and people were ganging up of someone. It was totally bully mentality and Chris wasn't backing down.

Everyone disperses to their corners and Chris, fuming, decided to "move" the property line and drilled a new stake in the middle of the road in front of Ron's development property's driveway. Classic I liked that, but Ron AND his wife came back out. This time Ron was going to "show" us the line by measuring out the lot with his tape measure. Chris said he was off by at least a two feet and his wife had brought the survey out to "show" us.

Remember this is taking place outside in the road with not so nice words and no regards to who could hear us. A few cars had to slow down and stare too. Chris is "talking" to Ron about the measurement and why won't he just show us where the stake is he had the shovel in his had, and I am "talking" to Ron's wife about the survey which I watched them do, in the rain, so I know exactly where the East corner stake is and it wasn't where they were claiming it was. She kind of acts like an overgrown teenager with her hands and head bobs.

Finally, THE TRUTH SHALL SET YOU FREE, Ron lets it slip that if our driveway doesn't move, he can't build his second house on the lot. He would have to cut down his row of pine trees and it would cost him thousands of dollars to do that. He is screw, because he is up to his eyes in debt and the only way he has a chance of getting out of it is if he can get that second house on that lot and SELL.

Hollie cow, Chris is mad at me because I smoothed things over with Ron for now. He thinks we are agreeing to his terms. Oh and he has offered to help with the costs to move the driveway. He even said that we would have to get the city involved to re cut the curb...Duh...the city is the one who determines where the curb for your DRIVEWAY goes anyway. I just told Ron that we are abiding with the city in order to get out construction finished and when it comes time to the final and our grading we will do what the city tells us is appropriate. Ron doesn't understand that the city has already told us that we don't have to move the driveway. He thinks that when that time comes we are going to have to move the driveway, WRONG.

Ron doesn't understand that we have time, he doesn't. We won't be finalizing this project for at least two more years and I don't think he has the time to wait that long. He is going to get to the point that he either has to take us to court or settle with the one house. So Chris is mad that I "talked" things over with Ron, but I told Chris that we should just let him burying himself. We already have the city sick of him and now that cops are too because of his false representation of situations down here. Just another day living with the Carvellis.

2 comments:

  1. Nothing says "let's negotiate" like going back to the garage for a 9 iron.

    When you need help pouring the new driveway let me know.

    -Matt

    ReplyDelete
  2. The next time is going to be a pad right in front of our house because he is complaining about our parking lot next to the garage, but I just read the city code and there isn't anything stopping us from parking them right out front as long as there is a pad/gravel spot.

    ReplyDelete