It is hard to believe that it is March and Spring is just around the corner. I just finished signing up the kids for their Spring activities and if the gas prices don't kill me the scheduling might just do that.
Jasmine = horse lessons (Fridays), softball (2x a wk practices, plus games and tournaments)
Nick = Soccer (Tues & Thurs), Swimming lessons (Wednesdays), Hockey (weekend games)
Jayna = T-ball (Mon. & Tues.), Swimming lessons (Wed), gymnastics (Fridays)
Tony = Swimming Lessons (Wednesdays)
Chris = building the house (Everyday)
I know this schedule is crazy, but at the same time we told the kids that they could participate in two things. I want to encourage them to do just that and I am grateful to have people surround me that are supportive and mobile as well. Thanks grandparents for carpooling for me.
I am really excited for Jayna to be able to play a sport. She has been waiting for this for years so this year will be very exciting, because she has been talking about being like her big sister. Finally she gets her chance and when she is 7 she wants to ride horse too.
I think it will become harder and easier as the kids grow up because they will be able to choose their sports rather than getting suggestions from Chris and I. I have a feeling that Jasmine will make horse riding her passion and softball will just become a hobby. She is already talking about joining the JETS at Windy Ridge Ranch, and the owner Mark said there would be spots open in October. So she would be practicing on the weekends with the drill team then.
Nick on the other hand has thrown himself whole heartily into soccer so if hockey doesn't work out I might be looking into indoor soccer for him to keep him busy. Who knows he might surprise me and want to go in a whole other directions too.
Jayna on the other hand is going to be my busy little girl. She is already talking up hockey next year with the boys, but LOVES her gymnastics classes too; in addition to her T-ball and horse interests. She told me she would play soccer this year with Nick if she was too young for T-ball, so maybe next fall she might want to try out soccer too.
So where does this leave Tony, he is might just have to take up knitting or something he can bring along where ever we take him. The poor little guy has been and will continue to be drug along to the various events his siblings are involved in. He seems to enjoy the change of scenery though.
Monday, March 7, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment