Jasmine's been home for a week and already I am looking for ways to separate the kids. The walls are closing in but that isn't what made this day "special". Jayna, being the little girlie girl that she is, actually lets me comb her hair as long as she is watching her Naughty Kids and I usually take this chance to braid her hair. So on this particular day, we were waiting for Chris to come home so we would start our 4th of July weekend and Jayna wanted her hair to be cute. I, on the other hand, was looking for something that could keep it out of her face and neat. After a good scrub down and shampooing, I had started to french braid her hair and stop the presses what do I find. TICK!!!! This sucker had started to bury in but I was a pro at this time having dealt with the other kids, but that brings me back to Jasmine almost nine years ago.
Not having dealt with little kids much before having my own kids, anything out of the ordinary had to be tackled with an open mind. Jasmine was about the same age as Jayna is now and I believe that she had just gotten back from spending time out and about. I know this for sure that she had just taken a bath and I was combing her hair out. It was evening and I was fighting a battle of tangles and wasn't giving it much thought to the knots in her hair, but after a closer look I noticed that there seemed to be a large black skin tag like thing at the top of Jasmine's head. Of course I did the first thing I knew what to do...I asked my mom what the heck that thing was. Moms are suppose to know all the answers, but not this time. Totally grossed out, we weren't sure what to do and it was getting later at night.
So not to blow anything out of proportion, we head to the ER :-) So we packed up everyone and headed out. The ER was undergoing construction at this time so the entrance was being moved so some walking was expected. After checking in, we sat and waited and waited and waited. I was lucky that Jasmine was totally oblivious to why we were there. She just played with the toys. Finally after three hours of waiting in the waiting room our name was called and we were lead through the corridor to a room. 30 seconds later the doctor pulled the tick out and added ointment and we were out of there. After it was pulled, we got to see the size of that sucker. It was very large. You couldn't see the head of it anymore. Needless to say the doctor was glad we had come in just to make sure ever part of the tick had been removed.
It is odd to think that it was so long ago and now I have removed a few ticks from Nick's head before he got his haircut to his crew cut and now Jayna has been introduced to the club with her first head tick removal today. I didn't even bat an eye when I saw it in her head. I just told Jazz to get me those tweezers and yanked it out. Jayna didn't even know what happened. No more freaking out for me and I expect to see more of them around now that Emma is out in the yard and in the house, and the kids are playing with her more. So I have no idea what the future has in store but I am ready with tweezers in hand.
Thursday, July 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment