Saturday, July 23, 2011

Warrior Dash

The day came and I am still standing. The Warrior Dash came up sudden and I will be the first to admit that I was not at my peek performance, but my running partner swore to me that I would be okay. I can say this first that I was not the first to finish nor was I was the last to finish. With that said, it was a lot harder than I thought it was going to be and it isn't because of the obstacles we had to do, but instead the insane hills we had to climb.

I understand that the coarse was at Afton Alps, but I didn't realize we were going to have to do most of the ski hill too. Right out of the starting gate the first hill we tackled was the bunny hill and that was bad enough, but as soon as we were at the top we were faced with our first obstacle, climbing over junk cars. Not too bad but with my own personal experience with climbing over cars and their parts, I was bit hesitant. It went smoothly enough but before long we had more hills to climb. I felt like I was at the Jackson Hole snowmobile hill climb without the snowmobile.

We finished and that was my goal. I will take an obstacle coarse any day but running the hills maybe not, but I am interested in what a regular 5k would be like. The mud hole at the end might have tipped the scale for me, but saying I got to experience the Warrior Dash is a memory that won't be forgotten anytime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment