Saturday, August 1, 2009

Menards

The addition is progress nicely. Erik and his crew came by a few days last week and got the west and north walls of the addition browned and will be working on the east wall next week. The outside is looking wonderful. We had another inspection last Tuesday and we got the okay on the second wall to start sheet rocking.

So Chris and I loaded up the kids in the silver truck and took the weekly trip out to Menards. I didn't realize how much sheet rock weighed and once Chris had 30 sheets of the stuff in the truck it was squatting pretty good just about 3000 lbs. So we have to go back tomorrow to pick up the rest of the stuff. Like most trips, making our way back to the house was interesting.

Once we got back to the house and 30 trips back and forth later, we got the stuff into the garage. I didn't realize how heavy that stuff was until we were half way through the pile and my arm was burning. I think Chris wants to try and sheet rock one room before making the decision to continue on his own. Slowly but surely we are getting closer. The list of things seems to be getting shorter but there is an awful lot left to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment