Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Impossible

9:18 pm and we are witnessing a miracle. The second floor of the addition is totally sheet rocked!!! The guys came came around 9:00 am and went right to work. Unbelievable, they had Tim take the sheet rock lift apart and downstairs and did the entire ceiling, minus the back room, by hand. The sheet rockers want to hit the first floor on Thursday when they come back to mud the second, but I am not sure if Chris will be ready for them by then.

The room pictured below is Jasmine's room and I told her that we are going to have to go paint shopping soon. All of the kids rooms feel great. I think everyone was scared that once the walls were covered the rooms were going to shrink, but with the extra tall ceiling the rooms are spacious enough. I am excited to get the laundry room tiled out.


The sheets were flying and Chris gave them a hand throwing up the insulation down the hallway as the rest of the guys were throwing up the rock. We know how fast Chris can throw together the plumbing but sheet rocking is another story, so I guess I don't have to worry about Chris conquering another trade any time soon.

Once the rock covered the walls, it was a little claustrophobic walking down the hallway. I am glad that we went with a slightly wider hallway. It truly feels like a bowling alley.

This addition is coming along fast now that the end might be getting closer. It is hard to believe that I am getting the chance to shop for the nitty gritty stuff like; paint colors, tile, light fixtures, even trim excites me. For now we are going to go without closet doors and I am working with a different idea hopefully saving a bit of money there. As for other things, I hope we can work fast but with in the budget.

No comments:

Post a Comment