Monday, March 30, 2009

Natural Born Swimmer

With summer looming closer, it only seems natural that the kids get back into their swimming lessons. Jasmine is a fish in water and is already on her way to out pacing the levels that she is age appropriate for and Nick is leaps and bounds above his preschool 1 level. It's weird to think just last fall Nick was crying and refusing to walk into the water at the Maplewood Community Center's kiddie area and now he is leading the class and floating on his back. Of course Jayna being the peanut that she is is still scared of the water but is more adventurous in the kiddie area, but she is getting better and isn't as freaked out when water gets on her face. Hopefully next fall Jayna can get into a class either with Chris or I, or better yet a class by herself.

Tony, Tone, Tone...what can I say he is fearless. He loved sitting in the kiddie area watching the kids and and splashing himself and me. The real surprise was when I brought him into the big pool. He did all the elementary positions that most bigger kids are afraid to try. I had him floating on his back, pulling him around the pool and he was kicking his little legs. That was a hoot watching this little guy with swim shorts that took up most of his lower body floating on his back and when I tried floating him on his front he kept putting his face in the water.

The water got cold and we had to get back to the kiddie pool but I think everyone had fun. I think now that the older kids have swimming lessons that we will be going open swim every Sunday until the summer. If you have little ones or just want to swim, come and join us at Maplewood Community Center we are there at 11:00 and stay until 1:00 at the least.

No comments:

Post a Comment