Friday, April 30, 2010

Cementing Continues

If Chris and his dad hadn't seen enough cement when they laid the foundation for the addition, but now the foundation for the old house has to be improved a bit before we can move forward with this section of phase II. There seems to be some harrowing acrobatics in order to get the next few courses put together.


Safety is number one thing with this addition but I don't think OHSA would approve of some of their techniques to moving the 12" block to their allocated spots on the wall. If the picture taking didn't have to be done I am not sure if I would have watched Tim's juggling of the blocks. On the other hand it was quite impressive to see their balancing act and I had to be close just in case 911 was needed.


The kids really wanted to help out also and Nick with his work gloves on help Tim mix the cement for the block and Tony tried with all his might to move the wheel, but poor little guy couldn't even get it to lift up.

Once the gruelling block work was finished, Chris got to focus on his underground plumbing in the basement. We are hoping for the basement to become the kids play area so Chris is putting a bathroom down there (great another bathroom I get to clean!!) and getting the water set up for his shop too. Unearthing the bad pipes wasn't easy even with the jack hammer, but the last part of it Chris did it by hand (sledge hammer). YUCK!

No comments:

Post a Comment